Wednesday, March 30, 2005

More culture - I drank 16 beers and started up a fight

It was sunny on Monday, so of course I went over to Islington to play pool with my cadaverous friend, Dead Looking Hugh. Stopped at the music shop over the road and bought some Johnny Cash, and while I was there a strange album called Nouvelle Vague. Roughly speaking, it's two clever Frenchies and a bunch of chanteuses covering punk and Goth songs in a bossa nova style. My first thought was how hilarious Too Drunk To Fuck is when sung by a French woman in a calm kind of way, but it transcends the joke status it could so easily have and becomes something of beauty instead. Everybody now, sing along...

Today, another stressful day at work. After failing to get up on time, had to make up by running 7 hard miles in the rain and the fog. (From house to Frogholt and back - now I know that I can run fast up big hills too, no matter how painful a discovery that might be). Then sat back with a bowl of salad (I know how to live, me) and watched Mystery Men, a forgotten gem with that large-foreheaded beauty, Janeane Garofalo...

0 comments:

Post a Comment