Saturday, January 19, 2008

Year of Eating Differently (86): Tai Buffet, Old Compton Street

Well, it was quick. Also, it was cheap (3.50 for takeaway from the all-you-can-eat buffet). Possibly it was in defiance of some sort of trade description, insofar as I'm sure I could eat more if I'd popped back to the buffet a few times this afternoon. But, selection of foodstuffs was much better than Sa Thai; spring rolls were okay-ish, ginger tofu was a tiny bit bland, but all the sham meat (tofu masquerading as curried lamb, as chicken, etc) is always a treat for a vegetarian like me, life otherwise devoid of fun.
On the other hand, no real ambience, apart from somebody who kept yelling something sounding suspiciously like 'gwailo'; now come on, I know I'm pretty pasty-faced, but is there any need for that? Or is it just turn-of-the-century paranoia?

0 comments:

Post a Comment