Friday, March 14, 2008

Year of Eating Differently (124): Palms of Goa, Charlotte Street

One last lunch before leaving Soho Square, and it was at Palms of Goa, a crowded joint on Charlotte Street. Service was pretty slow, but then they were congested with Friday lunchtime traffic. Of course, if we'd been hard charging on the lager then that would have got us served (and probably processed back out again) much more quickly.
I was suffering - 7 doses of Sophie's Choice plus a ginger martini (all at Polka) the night before was leaving me shaking like a sick dog. Luckily I got to skulk off in the afternoon and get my back seen to over in Clapham - so no stress for me.
As a result, not paying full attention to the meal that it possibly deserved. Fairly ersatz biryani (although recent perusal of Swindled! and consultation with Germanophones has educated me to realise that ersatz != mediocre and actually substitute/replacement (eg chicory coffee)) but it filled a gap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment