Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Waking back up again...

Felt like death yesterday; not sure if my set went down badly or just mediocre last night. Went out afterwards with the others and used an "laxative" laugh to annoy everyone, then went home to bed. Woke up at 7, still feeling deathly, staggered to work. Ran home along Bowen Road though - although the GPS wasn't working, so I'm not sure how many miles that was. Certainly wasn't the 10 required from the plan though :-( Strangely, although my toe has been giving me gyp all day (and yesterday) it was no bother on the run, and now it hurts again. Hmmph.
So I'm performing on Friday, so I've been tidying up bits of script in readiness (out to dinner tomorrow so the opportunity to rehearse is somewhat curtailed) and watching old videos on Youtube - well, a few months old. It's chastening to see how much space and blah blah blah verbiage there is between jokes - I'm more of a rambler than somebody who shoots out punchline after punchline, but to compare the difference between what I was doing a few months ago with what I had by December is really (to me, at least) quite startling. I mean, at the time I thought I was doing something good. Perhaps in another three months I'll look at my 6 December spot and be aghast at that too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment