Sunday, February 01, 2009

Running ragged...

Pretty pleased with myself this weekend. Yesterday I woke up at 6am (hurrah for jetlag) and couldn't go back to sleep, so I tidied the flat (mostly) took my beer-sodden camera back to the shop in Wan Chai, where they laughed at me but agreed to try to fix it, got my hair cut, had a shave, ran 5k, rehearsed my set (not very well - not having anything to record it on makes it a bit more difficult to focus on), picked up my race number for the 10k next week, had a belated birthday dinner at Life in Soho, and did my set at the Takeout Comedy club - and people laughed, in marked contrast to Friday, when I pretty much died a death. Not my best set (still think I've got a bit of a cold, and I'm not bringing the energy to it I had before Christmas, as a result) but good to get back on it.
Two beers afterward, went home to bed, woke up at 7 feeling exhausted, had breakfast, went back to bed again, surfaced at 11. Oh, and I have one more customer for Diet Croydon, so we inch ever closer to completing that resolution.
That gave me time to watch the start of a movie, then iron a shirt, eat a bowl of pasta and then put in my run for the day: 22k, with 15k at marathon pace. As I've not really been training, wasn't sure what pace was, but if my Garmin can be trusted, I can do 15k at a steady 155-160 bpm (how wonderful it is to have a battery in my hrm again), with most of that at under 4:45/k - so with any luck I'll do a good time in Tokyo. Bear in mind though that this was running round and round and round HV, rather than my usually punishing route to the reservoir and back, but Tokyo is a pretty flat course, so maybe that's a fair indicator.
Now tooling down to IFC, hoping to watch Benjamin Button: I have high hopes for this. Let's see...

0 comments:

Post a Comment