Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ticklish

I'm ticklish and this is the bane of my existence. I thought that one day I would grow out of being ticklish, but it's never happened. I just have to be touched in the appropriate / inappropriate place and I'm giggling like a schoolgirl. I can even tickle myself, which is supposed to be impossible.

I wonder if the simile about giggling like a schoolgirl is entirely apt. My experience of schoolgirls has been of them being grumpy or sweary, not particularly giggly. Or passing strange comments on men in lycra, when I run past them in the middle of the night, huffing and puffing. That's when I'm the man in lycra, that is, running past the schoolgirls. Not running past men in lycra. And it's me huffing and puffing. In Kent. Just the once. Six years ago.

I'm glad I cleared that one up.

Tonight, I hosted the open mike night at the comedy club. I was shattered, but managed to drag myself through an hour of it, feeling like I was sleepwalking. On the other hand, I didn't fall off the stage or do anything too incompetent, so I suppose in the year and a half that I've been doing this, I've learned something. It was also the day before the one year anniversary of another comedian, Mahesh, starting off. And it was also the day that I sold another copy of Diet Croydon, possibly the first one this year.

Oh, and you can now buy Diet Croydon on Amazon, both in the UK and the US. Which will mean cheaper postage for you, I think. Won't that be nice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment