Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh, the horrors

What a horrendous day. I burned my mouth eating a hot wrap too quickly, I spent three hours in a meeting that I didn't understand a word of, I interviewed somebody for a job and almost blew my stack when I asked what I thought was a simple mathematical problem and got told to look it up on wikipedia. And my suit is covered on one side with a strange yellow stain.


At least it doesn't smell of urine, so I assume nobody has peed on it while I wasn't looking.

Although I don't go out of my way to smell urine, so perhaps somebody has, and I haven't realised. But I hope my olfactory senses are good enough to preserve me from embarassment. And it's not like Hong Kong is full of people who enjoy micturating on suits. Why, I bet at least 25% of people don't. If not more.

I went to kempo to try to lift my spirits, but because I didn't even start my interview until 6:15, I was terribly late, and as I'm still filled with fatigue and jet-lag, I was nothing but a crumpled, pain-averse mess for an hour, incapable of bending my knees or dealing with the simplest of grabs. I should have been tucked up in bed with a nice cup of tea.

Although drinking tea in bed often leads to scalding, and there's been enough hot food related injuries for one day.

On the way to work, I started reading Len Deighton's SS-GB, which is great - it starts at a cracking pace, and I'm hoping it will keep it up. I read Charles Stross' A Colder War before I went to work this morning - perhaps that explains my later lassitude. And I'd have a massage tonight to help restore my weary body, but I don't want to stop reading. But I need sleep. Can't sleep, must sleep.

Tomorrow I have to interview another person, and then transform into Jesus for a comedy sketch. I really hope I remember my sandals. I wouldn't want the verisimilitude to be punctured by inappropriate footwear.

Then on Friday I'm hosting at the comedy club, and on Saturday I'm having a nice big sleep. Perhaps I'll dream of a new SLR, and wake to find an EOS 550D has arrived. Or perhaps I'll spend the day being thwarted by network setup in Ubuntu 9.10. Drat you, Ubuntu! Or drat you, PCCW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment