Saturday, May 08, 2010

Comedy comedy comedy in Hong Kong

Today was the first comedy marathon in Hong Kong; 12 hours of comedy, back to back. I managed three minutes of egg-related jokes and then a ten minute set at Champs, then hopped in a cab and headed over to the club in Elgin Street to host an evening there.

It felt like a bit of a slog; I failed to have my Saturday nap, and that, combined with the gym on Friday and fighting first thing on Saturday, I felt like a wreck by the end of it all. But there was a great audience at the club; twenty or twenty-five people, but very reactive to the comedians.

Back at the marathon, I was a bit envious of the crowds later on that the other comedians had; but then I still had people laughing at me at six, so I can't complain.

Oh, and in between all these things I won a $1,000 voucher to buy stuff at Shanghai Tang, which should compensate my girlfriend for losing me to comedy all day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment