Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy

What a relief: the combination of bricking it on Saturday and Tuesday finally gave me enough motivation to rehearse my set again. Plus I was in that sweet second-from-last spot, with a warmed up crowd and a rocket under my arse to not talk too fast. I managed to get some proper laughs, and not just have a bunch of angry people staring at me in total incomprehension.
So that's to say that tonight was a good set, even with some bits left out completely; the perfect antidote to a week of worry and stress, where I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong or how to dig myself out of the hole I was in.

Now it's a matter of keeping that level up to next Friday; but now it seems like something in reach again, rather than some unattainable fantasy.

Apart from tonight, what happened today? I signed the lease for my new apartment, went all the way to Quarry Bay and back to pick up some air tickets, and had a second kerfuffle with taxis between the office and Happy Valley, all because I had to bring my passport to rent a flat. But now, skimming warp speed in a taxi on the way home, it doesn't really matter. I did good, and now I can go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Mr Zero has got his mojo back!

Mr Cushtie said...

I think it may have been stuck down the back of the sofa all along :-)

Post a Comment