Saturday, October 02, 2010

Happy again

Tonight was an evening where I was just gobsmacked at how well it went: I'd had another day without significant time for rehearsal, and what little spare time I did have I wasted by eating hummus and playing videogames.

I was exhausted, I had a pounding headache from being in the sun all day, and yet with a receptive crowd everything just went right. My scripted material went over great (with a notable discovery about trimming down part of my Wan Chai philosophy bit) and I managed to get some good laughs by working the crowd too, without trying to be cock of the walk and distract from the other performers.

I suppose it's a bit of bad timing - what if I've peaked a week before the comedy competition? But that's less of a stress this year (perhaps it's not so important to me, so it eats me up less if I strike out in the first round), and to be honest I'm quite content with tonight's performance.

I just hope my camera recorded it before dying, instead of just dying...

Edit: hurrah, here it is:

0 comments:

Post a Comment