Monday, March 21, 2011

Something new, something old

Today, I'm finally going to upload the Automatic Comedian that I've been working on since the middle of last year. I would have done it sooner, but I've had problems with understanding simple things like DNS and FTP and JFDS*. Then I'm going to send it to its inspiration, and hope that he likes it and doesn't tell me to obliterate it from the internet forever. Fingers crossed now...

Secondly, I'm starting a new project. Every day I'm going to photograph a different cliche, and try to publish them on Flickr. As I've a few days coming up where I'm going to be out of the country and in hotel rooms barren of wi-fi, or at weddings (where I understand it's de rigeur not to spend the event shouting obscenities at a wilfully unhelpful image processing program), I might not actually get to upload something every day, but I'm hoping that over the course of the next 49 days, I'll average one cliche per day.

Here's the first one:

The best thing since sliced bread.
If you want more, follow this link (as at today it's only got one photograph, but every day that should swell).

If you want even more, I suggest you read the Dictionary of Cliches, which is where I'm selecting my delicious, fresh cliches from.

* Just flipping well do something!

0 comments:

Post a Comment