Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Hurting

Last night I couldn't sleep: the pain from my stiff neck was too much. Luckily, I had an appointment with the physio booked for this morning, but a combination of painkillers, pain and fatigue meant I could harddly keep my eyes focussed, even when I could keep them open.

A muscle in my left shoulder is in spasm: half an hour's worth of ultrasound loosened it a bit, but it's very sore and it still hurts to move my neck. Thankfully I can move my neck now without whimpering; although it hurts, it's now dull ache rather than knife being stabbed into me.

At work, I could hardly think or see. When you can't make something work properly because you can't spell 'Australia' it's a sign you're more of a liability than an asset, so after a few hours I went home and promptly passed out on the bed.

I guess it might have been a good idea to eat some breakfast today, but I've been out of sorts and now tired and a little faint. The cat noticed this and didn't want to sit on me. I tried reading some more of Nothing To Envy, but again, finding it hard to see straight. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up with a working body again, and not have to cancel on comedy. Fingers crossed now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment