Thursday, September 08, 2011

Running, enraged

Another day, another run. And just as the days grow shorter, so do the runs. I was running around the jogging track (a little clearer of people walking very slowly at six-thirty) when a guy in a sweat-drenched t-shirt overtook me.

Well, I wasn't having that. A burst of aggression and rage sent me past him, and kept me going for three more kilometres at (finally) above marathon pace. It's a shame this is half the required distance, and it required a head full of negative thoughts to do so.

I got home, showered (once), changed my clothes (twice) and went to the office, where I forgot to drink any water all day again.

That was probably an attempt to stop sweating by denying my body water. It seems to have worked: it's more than half a day since I had any water, and I'm not sweating right now.

I spent the whole day, save for five minutes, inside the office. It's not healthy to stay indoors all day. But then this is Hong Kong; it's not that healthy to go outside, what with the heat, and the dust from the demolition work at the end of the street, and the possibility of Martians invading once the air pollution index hits 500.

Ok, I made that bit up. Nobody cares about the pollution index.

Tonight I drank lots of beer and looked at camera lenses, so I'll stop now and sleep. Tomorrow I'll be out the office for more than five minutes and perhaps something interesting that isn't covered by an NDA will occur to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment