Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year

Today is the start of the year of the Dragon. I commemorated this by skulking in my cave, guarding my mounds of gold. Well, hanging onto the duvet, which is close enough, if you value continental quilts.

Last night it seemed that all of Hong Kong was staying up late to see the New Year in. We avoided most of the festivities by being up in Fanling, deep in the New Territories, and then being so exhausted from playing on a Kinect with a seven year old child that even if we'd wanted to get up and do something today, our bodies would have rebelled.

Thus I wish I'd done something better with my life today than write a review of a restaurant on Tripadvisor and pilot an imaginary car around a computerised racetrack, but 'twas not to be. Ah well.
I did think about spending years and millions of dollars redesigning Siri, the voice recognition system on Apple's iPhone, to give it a bad attitude.

"I feel like sushi."
"I feel like not dealing with your inane statements. How about you get a proper job, you clown?"

Not sure that it will catch on, but I can always try, right?

As it's the start of the year, I should be reviewing my new year's resolutions, but I think I have plenty of time to do that on the plane tomorrow. I'm just hoping that we don't spend 12 hours without electricity or power again - fun though it was once, I don't want to repeat the experience...

0 comments:

Post a Comment