Saturday, March 24, 2012

Party

This evening we had our second housewarming, to which we invited everyone we don't know through my job. This was a calculated risk; although we'd quarantined work from non-work people, I had allowed mountain bikers to meet comedians to meet martial artists. How would it end up?

Instead, things divided on gender lines: all the men were in the kitchen, all the women in the living room. We got confused and drank all the beer in the fridge (21 cans) plus most of the beer outside the fridge (3 bottles of Hoegaarden.). All went swimmingly except my wife was annoyed to find one of my friends had taken 10 years to discover my first name: nicknames have always been important to us.

Having drunk most of the beer, plus some gin, I'm struggling to type this. Or perhaps I'm overcome from the battling emotions of watching The Lorax and The Hunger Games in less than 24 hours. That's not much time for a lot of not deviating from the script.

I also ran 13.5 km today, but I'm not going to go on about that. I ran, I sat, I drank: isn't that enough?

0 comments:

Post a Comment