Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cross eyed

Perhaps I should have not stopped drinking coffee. Ever since my relaxing interlude in Penang, I've been a broken man; it took me an hour to get out of bed today, and I was so tired I was going cross-eyed as I walked to the office. I didn't want to spend the day doing intellectually taxing things; I wanted to have a lie down and a back rub.

Instead, I got trapped in the labyrinth of conference calls, which spat me out about 5pm, dull and drained. I went for a run after work and that dragged on interminably too. Still, I'm in bed now and it's only 10pm, which leaves me a decent chance of getting a proper night's sleep, there being no restaurants assembled beneath me or religious festivals being celebrated.

I received a parcel from Amazon today, the first in a series of birthday presents. I'm quite excited by this big brown oblong, as I've no idea what's in it. Although given it's flat, solid and heavy, it's probably a book, and what could be better than that?

So that was the main positive thing for me today; otherwise, there was rain, and there was phone calls, and there was staring at computer screens for slightly too long. I need to get out more, I think. I'm spending my best years in an office when I could be at home in bed, staring at a computer screen. Something Must Be Done.

Some of my friends have done something already though: if you like bicycles, or are obsessed by websites that reference dogs, then bikehound.co.uk might be what makes your day. Or if you're a rubber fetishist with an appalling obsession about inner tubes, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment