Friday, November 09, 2012

My Fault, My Apology

Walking back from lunch today, I saw this:
While I appreciate the sentiment (since every cyclist in Singapore is apparently mute, scared of bells, illiterate and has no awareness of direction or the usefulness of small electrical lights1) I don't think it suggests much confidence in the driving abilities of this moped's owner that they're pre-emptively apologising.

What's next? Could I make a fortune from selling polo shirts where, when you pop the collar, people can read

Not a Date Rapist - Honest!!!!!

T-shirts for aspiring stand-up comedians that have "If you didn't laugh, maybe my joke wasn't that funny" printed on them?

No, that would never do. Will I ever have a useful entrepeneurial idea?

I guess I'll just have to go back to my previous campaign to teach people manners:


Because that's worked so well in the past.

1Since when they are approaching you from behind, they never think to call out a warning or ring a bell; when there's a sign at the entrance to a tunnel that says you mustn't ride a bicycle through it, they never take any notice; in general they have apparently no understanding that rectilinear propagation is more efficiently than titting about across half the street in a wobbly zig-zag; either they're blessed with superior night vision or it's just normal to ride down a darkened footpath as fast as your bandy legs will pedal without any illumination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment