Monday, January 14, 2013

Sleepy in Seattle

Jet lag is a murderous thing, or perhaps it's just the sleep debt I incurred through being an idiot on Friday night. Either way, I can hardly keep my eyes open and it's only 8pm local time.

This morning I woke up at 6, felt too alert to sleep, and muddled about for a few hours before going for a run. Running in cool air is very odd: whenever I do it I'm surprised how much easier than Singapore it can be. It's like all that humid heat at sea-level is as good as high altitude training. I got back from. running and breakfast had already been made, so we chowed down, listening to the game between the Atlanta Falcons and the Seattle Seahawks.

The local side were routed in the first half, not scoring a single point, but 2 minutes from the end of the game thayd recoered to just 6 points behind. With 31 seconds to go they drew ahead by one point ... And were then defeated by a field goal. Life will always be cruel.

There's a farmer's market in Ballard so we went there to get food, then had a long walk in Discovery Park over to the lighthouse, and another long walk back to the car park, where I was told all about the many and varied serial killers of WA, United States of America.

Basically, don't be a woman. If you absolutely positively have to, avoid clowns, men with handicaps and men with moustaches. That's not very helpful, is it?

Jerry, the bearded dragon who lives where I'm staying, is getting used to me. He had his weekly bath today, and afterwards sat on me and viewed the world with regal certainty.

That's it for another week. I'm really looking forward to being on the right time zone again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment