Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Toilets

Apparently Cathay Pacific are still having toilet trouble: by the time we were approaching Heathrow, at least two of the toilets were out of order. Were they blocked by foreign objects? Isn't every object foreign when you're in international airspace?

The toilets in Heathrow airport were fully operational, but that was their only resemblance to the Death Star. Not as though you want Imperial stormtroopers or some loon with a lightsabre while you're micturating, of course.

I'm not going to spend all my time talking about toilets' there is so much else that London has to offer, apart from lavatories.

However, when at lunch I desended to the toilets in the pub, I was presented by a strange point of etiquette. As I entered, I was whistling. There was a man at one of the urinals, and I went into the stall. As I closed the door, he began to whistle a cheery tune. I recognised this, and wondered whether I should join in or not. Would that be considered impolite? A come-on? What if I'd started accompanying him, then accidentally veered off into Sergio Morricone's Once Upon A Time In The West?

Is this something they should have taught us about in schools?

0 comments:

Post a Comment