Monday, November 20, 2006

The most expensive bike part in the world?

Ok, so Bromley Bike has its faults, not least amongst them the huge prices for boutique kit, and the comedy self-destructing wheel they built for the Pugilist's 222. But at least they'll sell you what you ask for (no, Cycle Surgery, I do want a road bike with discs, because when I ride to work drunk I really don't have any margin to wait for some crappy old canti brakes to maybe slow me down a little bit please. I want to stop now, thanks very much, and if I happen to lock the wheels or blithely sail over the handlebars, that's my choice).
And although Bromley Bike won't let you borrow a BB tool for 5 minutes the day after you spunked 200 quid on various Chris King fripperies ("because it might get scratched"), at least they didn't do what Evans did to me this morning.
Today, I feel like the richest man alive, because I spent a pound on a 5mm 1 1/8" headset spacer. Strangely, at that price it wasn't brought to me atop a small velvet cushion, nor with a bow tied round it made of gold ribbon, nor with a little fanfare of trumpets to accompany me wasting money so profigately. And I didn't even get a bag. Or am I just over sensitive to London prices right now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment