Monday, January 15, 2007

More racing

Went to Thetford today to race my bike. Motion Based record here.
I don't think I've raced a bike of any sort for at least 18 months - maybe a Beastway in 2005, and before that mostly DH for a few years with the occasional tandem misadventure rolled in. But it was really nice to go back to it. I think the marathon training must help, in that I'm a lot more accepting of pain than I used to be, and I don't back off the effort when it starts to hurt. But the other surprise for me was that I can ride singletrack quite a bit better than a lot of people in races - all the people on gears would leave me standing on the fireroads, but I'd get all that back when we got to twisty bits. And I got a cheer for making singlespeed noises on the way up one of the steep bankings on the course :)
So apart from having to be up at 7.30 in the morning to drive 100 miles, all positive. I've raced 3 times in the first 14 days of 2007, which is also something to feel kind of proud of. And I've bought a whole load of food from Torq fitness, to see if that's anything better than the SIS stuff I know and love. (Apart from anything else, they have pineapple & ginger flavour energy bars - what's not to like? Hoping for a chocolate and chilli flavour soon...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment