Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 2: More speed work around Happy Valley

Meant to go and run in Pok Fu Lam park with the others, but had to wait for the gas man to come round and connect up the apartment, and for a handyman to ensure that my light fittings don't fall out of the ceiling. Oh, the joys of moving in to a new apartment.
There was no food to eat, so I scarfed a Soy Joy bar at 7-11 and then nipped out to Happy Valley to see what happened if I reattempted my previous strategy of running as fast as I could for as long as I could. I figured that if I couldn't get a long run in today, I might as well get a painful one instead.
Did 6 reasonably quick kilometres, then ran out of drink and it was already getting hot, so I cut my losses and headed back home for a cold shower. Felt ok all the way through, but realised once again that listening to Rage Against The Machine is not the best of approaches. While it may make me run quickly, it also takes a toll on my feeling of happiness, contentedness and ability not to ruin myself by sprinting too fast between 400 and 600 metre points... On the other hand, listening to the Magnetic Fields will either make you fall over crying or laughing, so it's really a crapshoot.
04:26.27 (147)
04:49.70 (158)
04:47.77 (160)
04:41.93 (163)
04:38.77 (167)
04:14.60 (176)
05:45.05 (161)

0 comments:

Post a Comment