Friday, August 01, 2008

Day 5: Aberdeen Track, meeting new people

Back to Aberdeen Track, which I was dreading after Sunday's murderous session. But it had rained a bit in the day so it was cooler, which helped, although my 400m times weren't much different. I guess I can mumble some excuse about a hard day at work typing, as if that took all the energy out of my legs. Didn't want to throw up over myself at any point though.
Part way through, joined by one of Nicky's friends, Jane, who had been running round the track. She was quick. Obviously the lower structures of my brain immediately kicked in and my subconscious started whispering "you can't be beaten by a girl" at me, so I had to pick up the pace a bit. This is probably a good thing, in that I pushed myself rather than just swinging the lead, but I do worry that people must think I'm some kind of male-chauvinist idiot who can't face to see a woman finish in front of him. Although on consideration of the evidence, that's true, so perhaps it's the fact I'm some kind of male-chauvinist idiot who can't face to see a woman finish in front of him that I should be worrying about, rather than people's truthful apprehension of this fact.
But as part of my resolution to grow a spine this year (invertebrates have terrible posture, apart from anything else) I've resolved not to worry about what people think, so never mind that. Just need to work on my personality defects, I suppose.
2 800s, 2 400s, 6 200s. Times when I remember to bring my Garmin to the office...

0 comments:

Post a Comment