Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dim Sum and then to bed

Tonight was the third edition of Comedy Dim Sum, in which Stuart and I reprised our roles as St Peter and Jesus, and the crowd laughed a bit more. Perhaps that was because I didn't refer to the audience as criminals and perverts this time. I'm a silver tongued charmer.

I'm not sure that somebody with a silver tongue would be so attractive though. The thing about metallic body parts is that they tend to have uncomfortably sharp edges. And that's the elephant in the room about metaphors: most of them just aren't thought through properly. As if you could fit an elephant in most rooms in Hong Kong! Never mind contravening the terms of your tenancy agreement, how would you ever get the damn thing in the lift in the first place? It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, people laughed, I spent half an hour trying to get a taxi home, didn't get a free beer.

Night well spent, off to sleep now. Toodle doo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment