Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Busted flush

Today I got up early and went for a run, and then sweat a lot, which you can read about here if you want. Apart from excessive perspiration it didn't appear to have much effect on me, although part way through the morning my thighs began to really hurt - too much time spent in a crouch at kempo yesterday was taking its toll on my body.

I spent the rest of the day either in meetings or on the phone or banging my fists ineffectually on my keyboard, and listening to Farewell to Nova Scotia on my ipod, possibly one of the gloomiest songs about missing your home and hoping everyone is having a bad time while you're away on a boat that's ever been written. I was listening to the Dave Gunning version, which is from an album that (apparently) consists of twelve-string guitar covers of bagpipe classics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment